Choose your moisturizer and change it up based on how your skin looks and feels!
The tricky part is how your skin looks and feels changes more frequently than you might think.
Here are some familiar, and maybe not so familiar, factors that affect your skin:
- Change of season
- New medications
- Water quality
- Sun exposure
So, HOW do you choose? Next time you wash your face, how does your skin feel right after you wash it - before putting on anything else?
- If your skin feels oily at the end of the day and comfortable right after washing, look for:
- Gel-based moisturizers
- Words such as oil-free, lightweight, or weightless on the package
- If your skin feels dry and tight after washing, look for:
- Cream-based moisturizers
- Words such as rich, creamy, or hydrating on the package
- If your skin feels just fine after washing and stays that way all day:
- You can experiment with different types of moisturizers!
Once you have decided on the type of moisturizer you're looking for, it’s time to experiment! For daytime moisturizing, check out products that also contain SPF. There are even moisturizers designed specifically for nighttime, so your skin gets some EXTRA pampering while you sleep!